Twinstar Guesthouse & Observatory is unique motel-style accommodation with an astronomical observatory surrounded by many wineries and orchards on the Granite Belt. The Guesthouse provides an ideal base for visits to national parks (Girraween, Bald Rock and Sundown NPs), bird-watching and wildflower viewing.
- A total of 3 rooms & max 6 guests.
- Room 1: 1 x Queen & 1 x Single bed
- Room 2: 1 x Queen & 1 x Single bed
- Room 3: 1 x Queen bed
- A family or group of 4 needs to take 2 rooms (no family rooms).
- Affordable and uniform on any day of a year: $95 single (for 1 person), $115 double (for 2 people), $130 twin (for 2 people) and $150 triple room (for 3 people).
- A family or group of 4: $230~260 for 2 rooms
- Each room has an air-con, own bathroom (toilet & shower), fridge, microwave, toaster, basic cutlery, tea/coffee making facilities, wardrobe, iron, hair dryer, shampoo, soap, towels, linens and own entrance.
- Free undercover parking
- Free Wifi (7:00~22:30)
- Check-in time after 15:00, Check-out time 10:00
- Optional in-room meals are available (Booking required).
- Continental breakfast: $7 pp (adult & child). Breakfast is placed in a room on the day before.
- Dinner $18 per adult $12 per child. Dinner (set menu) is delivered to room at 19:00.
- Email us email@example.com with your preferred booking date(s), number of guests & rooms, required room types (single, double, twin or triple), requirement for meals and your mobile number. For bookings, all names of staying guests are required.
- Call us (phone: 07 4684 1135), if it's urgent or you don't receive a reply from us to your email enquiry.
- Enquiries in Japanese language are no problem.
- Deposit is not required.
- Cash, EFTPOS & credit cards (Visa, Master, Diners, Amex & JCB) are accepted (no surcharge).
NIGHT SKY TOUR:
- A free guided tour of the night sky is offered to our staying guests using a 47cm reflecting telescope housed in a 4.5m observatory dome. It starts at 20:30 nightly (weather permitting). Booking for the tour is not necessary. Guests are automatically invited.
- No more than 6 guests are allowed to maximise individual viewing time. The tour is offered only once per stay and exclusively for staying guests. The public cannot join the tour.
FOR AMATEUR ASTRONOMERS
- Convenient facilities are provided for visual and photographic observers including a fenced-in observing deck, observing equipment and tables & chairs (booking required).
- Equipment available for use includes 16-inch & 10-inch Dobsonians, binocular telescopes and 240-volt mains power sources at no cost.
- 15 km from popular Girraween NP
- 20 km south of Stanthorpe on New England Hwy at Ballandean
- 40km north of Tenterfield, NSW
- 3 hour drive from Brisbane
- 4 hour drive from Gold Coast
OBSERVATORIES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC IN QUEENSLAND & NEW SOUTH WALES
Watch 2-minute introductory video
of Twinstar Guesthouse & Observatory.